Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Greek Inspired Chicken Breasts Served on a Pita










Recently, I have been Greek inspired in my cooking, as well as eating out. I find Greek food delicious and so easy to make. Here is a little Greek inspired chicken breasts that I served on a pita recipe.


Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts

2 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil


^^^ Just a little burnt, I'm not professional yet.

Preparation:
Place the chicken breasts in a large casserole dish. Rub them with the oregano, salt and pepper. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Top the chicken with the garlic and lemon juice. Allow the chicken to sit, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Drizzle the oil on the chicken and grill for 5-10 minutes (I used low heat but it managed to get burnt.. lol.).   Serve warm with your favorite side dish or on a pita (as I did).



^^^ Here is what my delicious pita looked like. I put some tzatziki sauce (which was bought) and cut up the chicken breast, added some cucumbers, pickles, feta cheese, and of course my favourite- hot sauce on top.


Sooo tasty.. yum!


--- Tanya G

No comments:

Post a Comment