Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What's Hot Wednesdays: Tips to Save During Christmas

Christmas is my favourite holiday, yet every year I always seemed to have no money left. This year however, I decided to be wise and start saving early. Money is always a stressful part of the Christmas season. Here are a couple of tips that I have put use in my life to not break the bank this year.



Ways that I saved :
1. Start saving early-It might be a little late in the season for this one, but it will be useful for next year. By just putting ten dollars a week away, starting around the first of the year, you can have enough Christmas funds saved up that you won’t have to stress about having enough money.

2. Christmas Funds- There are some banks that provide Christmas Funds where a portion of your paycheck goes to a seperate account. There is also a time that is set upon the account and you cannot access the money until that date/time, such as December 1st for example.



3. Look for bargains- I am a big bargain hunter. Especially since I have clawed out of $10,000 in debt. So with my past retail experience, and now my money sense I looked for the bargains. Don't be afraid to cut coupons, or check out the clearance racks. Everything usually goes on sale before Christmas. If you sign up to some of your favourite stores' email list, you can also get some coupons. Always keep an eye on the clearance racks- no matter which store you go to, you never know what you'll find.






4. Homemade Goods- This is one of the best ways to save money on gifts for the Christmas Season. If you have a lot of people on your Christmas list this year (like I always do), you might want to consider making them something. Some may include, homemade cookies, hot chocolate, handmade soap, or jewelary. Let your imagination run wild, just make sure you have enough time to do all these fabulous creations.

Remember yes you may have to give gifts but you do not need to break the bank to do it.

Enjoy your Christmas!!!
-- Tanya G

No comments:

Post a Comment