Monday, January 24, 2011

Muscle Mondays: Motivation to Work Out!!!










January 2011 is almost finished. Have you stuck to your resolution to work out more? I know I have been slacking, and yes I have been finding every single excuse in the book to use. No time. Too tired. I didn't wake up. Every excuse I can think of to not workout I have used. But NO more. Seriously.

I have come up with some tips to motivate myself and all of you to stick to your exercise goals.


1. Get a gym buddy. This is probably the best motivation.

2. Write everything in a notebook. Write what you ate, how much you worked out.

3. Reward yourself. NOT with food, but by a hair cut, or a manicure, or a trip! I do not believe in punishing yourself completely. If you are going to work out hard, you have to play hard. So give yourself a reward when you hit a certain weight or if you have been hitting your working out days per month.


4. Make it a priority. Working out should be your time away from everything, work, family, cellphone, stress. Make it like a mini sweating vacation that lets you have time to think to yourself. AND book it in your calendar, that way you know you won't miss it.


5. Read Blogs/Forums/Magazines. I like reading blogs and success stories about people who lost a huge amount of weight, or who are into running and losing weight. It really shows that this losing weight thing is not just you doing it and you can really learn from their mistakes.  I enjoy reading blogs about people who are into running, or losing weight. It can show the ups and downs they go through, and you can learn from their experiences.

6. Have fun! If you have been reading our Muscle Monday posts here at What's Fabulous you will notice that we are all about having fun. Seriously, why would you work out if it isn't fun?




Do you have any tips for exercising??

--- Tanya G

No comments:

Post a Comment