Saturday, November 14, 2009

2012: The End?






While watching 2012 I found myself on the edge of my seat but not as much as I anticipated. Can you imagine the end of the world and what you would do on the last day? The movie had its light-hearted moments and I thought it was pretty good considering I didn't even want to go watch it. I have to say, I'm not a fan of tragedy and have a hard time facing the worst although sometimes you just have to say to yourself "YOU CAN DO IT!"

When a crisis happens you have to think fast much like John Cusack did who plays a failed science fiction writer and is the main character in the movie. He realizes the road beneath him is cracking and within seconds he is prompted to move fast to save his family before he finds himself at the core of the Earth.

As a Fabulous PR Coach, it is my job to help my clients also think fast in times that calls for a plan of action, but not too fast where you are making the wrong decision. At the end of the movie (don't worry I won't spoil it) there is little time and many lives to be considered. Morals and ethics are juggled, and frantic panicking escalates.

When I think of a similar situation, I think H1N1. The virus has been a pandemic for a while now according to World Health Organization (WHO). The demand for flu shots are increasing and the supply is not enough to meet that demand. There are some who won't take the shot because some say it hasn't been tested for long-term affects'. It seems to me the clarity of the matter is actually foggy. People have suffered and lives have been taken. What is the bigger picture? How will this pan out?

One way or the other a crisis will occur. As a business owner or manager, what is your action plan and how will you be ready for a situation that may drive you to panic requiring quick thinking?

Always be prepared for the worst can always happen and please don't forget to wash your hands!

Eleni M

No comments:

Post a Comment