Monday, August 15, 2011

Get Toned Starting Today!!!!

Good Morning!!


If you haven't been hitting the gym yet don't worry, you still have time to get toned by the end of summer.


This week I’m going to take you through my workouts and show you how easy it is to end the summer nice and toned!!!

Today we are going to do compound full body exercises. I’m going to start with my upper body and do one chest and one back exercise.

For my chest I’m going to do a dumbell press lying on an incline. See the girl below for a good example.

This works not only your chest but your triceps which are the back of your arms that are a problem area for many women.

I'm going to do 5 sets of 12 at 20-25lbs. If you're a beginner I highly recommend sticking to a low weight especially if its your first time. When I got back into routine I started with 10lbs and worked my way up every week only when I felt confident and stronger that I could lift heavier.


Then I'm going to hit my back.

The back is a great area to work out because it's comprised of so many muscles. Also, you're not only working out your back but your working out your biceps too because your biceps help you pull the weight.

See the girl below and how beautifully she's pulling up the dumbell. Remember to exercise slowly 2 seconds up and 4 seconds down. Breath out on the way up and in on the way down.


Again, I'm going to do 5 sets of 12 at 20-25lbs. Beginners please stick to a lower weight. Only move up the weight after some practice, 2 weeks or so.

Legs. I hate how it feels when I'm doing it but love how I feel after-so toned!

So we are starting with the squat and we are working out the bum and hamstrings.


I will be doing 5 sets of 12 holding dumb bells in each hand for extra weight but if you're a beginner just do like the girl is in the photo and in 2 weeks you can add weight.

Now it's time to work out your quadriceps which has 4 major muscles in the leg. 

If you're a beginner you don't need to use the weights until you have practiced enough.


I'm going to do 5 sets of 12 only because I've been doing it for several months now with weights. Beginners can do 3 sets of 12 without weight.

I hope you enjoyed today's routine. Let me know how it goes!! Stay tuned for more.

Please consult with a doctor before working out to make sure you are healthy enough to be exercising.


Eleni Moutsias

No comments:

Post a Comment