Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tasty Thursday's: Pumpkin Pear Waffles/Pancakes



Hey Fabulous Readers!!

Recently I stumbled upon some recipes for the fall and since I really do love pumpkin anything, I thought I would give this a try. What is it? Pumpkin-Pear Waffles/Pancakes. This breakfast food is tasty, healthy and fall festive. Plus it's super easy, and my boyfriend's favourite.

The ingredients for Pumpkin Pear Waffles are:
Whole-wheat pastry flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 tsp (I put in 2 1/2 tsp- because I love cinnamon)
Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
Eggs, beaten - 2
Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
Pumpkin puree - 1/2 cup
Finely diced pear - 1/4 cup
Nonstick cooking spray


Now before you start cooking, wash your hands and all utensils and the pear that you are going to use. A clean kitchen means a healthy kitchen and a tastier meal. First off, you are going to start with mixing the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg all together. In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together and get it all smooth. Add the flour mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Fold in the pumpkin and pear. Coat a waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and cook the waffles until they are crisp and brown or use the pan just like I did and make some delicious pancakes.

Since I really do like cinnamon I put in a bit more so it tasted like it. As well, I don't have a waffle iron, therefore, I made this like pancakes, and it tasted incredible.

This batter should make up to 4 waffles/pancakes.

This is really delicious and it is low in fat and calories- just make sure you use all natural syrup and no butter.

Enjoy!!! And let me know what you think...

- Tanya G

1 comment:

  1. yum! sounds good to me--I can't wait for next Thursday

    ReplyDelete