Monday, November 8, 2010

Muscle Monday's: Boxing To Keep Fit



I recently have been getting into the gym to restart my work out plan and let me tell you, it has been difficult. I have been sore, grumpy and pretty much a miserable person to be around. However, it will all pay off in the end when I'm toned and so full of energy everyone will be sick of me. Working out I do not take lightly. I like to push myself intensely and really make myself feel the burn. One work out that is really good for that, and recently I have started to do, is boxing.


Boxing is such a great workout. It works out everything and more, and usually, 15 minutes of it will have you drenched with sweat. NO JOKE. It also releases all the stress that you may have build up inside. Especially since it has been proven that if you are stressed you cannot lose weight, stress horomones make you hold onto the weight. It's always fun to come into the gym and punch and kick it all out and have all these people see your power.

There are many great places in Ontario that you can try out boxing. It is a fun workout and really because of all the moves it is constantly changing. Different positions, different stances, and different postures. You will never get bored but you will get toned. This is a great all over workout, especially the kicks because you really feel them in your booty. Trust me ladies...try it out!!!



The boxing gloves can also be very cute if get them in pink. I love my red gloves and feel a sense of power when I have them on. Make sure to get wraps as well which help support your finger so you don't break any because it can get intense. I have been mimicing boxing when I'm walking to the bus, or at work... pretty much everywhere.

Check out these boxing gyms in Toronto:  Centre RingBloor BoxingThe Boxing Loft and  Flirty Girl Fitness. Personally, I have trained at Bloor Street Boxing and think it's a great gym!!!

Make sure to drink lots of water and eat lots of protein- you'll need the energy!!!!

So what are you waiting for?? Get up and get to the local boxing gym to punch and kick (and scream) your stress and fat away.

-Tanya G

No comments:

Post a Comment